Monday 21 January 2008

Treading Water

January is a hard month, and I can feel things slowly slipping. Not quite out of control, but I'm treading water. Missed out on a few clicks on Quidco and Topcashback this month, played the lottery and clearly not won, been a bit slapdash with shopping. All these little things add up to stunting my progress.

I have to keep focussed if I'm to pay this Marbles card off by December and in effect rid myself of a third of this debt, it's so easy to fall off the debt free wannabe trail.

All my aspirations and intentions to improve my income by bettering my qualifications, restart my sideline hobby/business have had stumbling blocks. Financial ones. Kids need constant maintainence, ie haircuts, school uniform bits and pieces, youth club and football club subs. Just that little lot adds up to £70 in one week. That's not a weekly expense and comes round every month or two, and I know they are coming it's just I'm scrabbling around again.

I've always said it's the little things that make the big things happen, ie look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

Slap round face with wet fish required.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jo
I know what you mean about kids needing maintenance!

As for stumbling blocks mentally kick them out of the way!
I can't afford to further my education at the moment,but I'm planning to later in the year, for now I'm self educating by reading anything I can on the internet.

There are some great motivating blogs out there, I particularly like single ma's blog at the moment, she has some very wise words on clearing debt.

Have you written your goals out and placed them somewhere you can see them? I find this really helps to keep focus.

wow, sorry I rambled

Syd said...

You are right NMS, think I'm trying to do too much at once. Perhaps a set of mini goals or targets would put me straight.