Monday 7 January 2008

The Way Up

I'm guilty of faffing around for the last week, with the children not due back at school until this week, getting back into a routine has been hard, well not hard I just haven't been applying maximum effort. Been back at work for two days, which was nice to ease into, I guess I'd only be whinging if schools and work had all started at the same time.

Nothing will come of this sort playing around, so today is the (yet another) start of my renewed efforts to knock my debts on the head. Particularly those Marbles.

Whilst faffing I've also been thinking. I'm become increasingly eager to restart my jewellery making. I'm two minds wether to go the ebay route or develop a website/blog sales point. I suppose I could do both. It's just the ebay fees are high, although good for advertising.

Looking a little further ahead, this time next year both our children will be in secondary school. This leaves me able to get a job with longer hours equalling higher earning potential. Having been out of the job scene while attempting to run my own business, and having young children I guess I lack some skills. I've done some Open University, and some NVQ. I need to get some up to date qualifications if I'm to move up. I love my job, at the moment it's ideal, it fits around our family life, but it's a dead end job.

I've certainly got food for thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, just thought I'd stop and say hi, hope all is well with you and that you will be blogging soon, I miss your posts! love the term 'faffing' around by the way :)

Syd said...

Thanks Louise, I have a degree in faffing ! I'm just about to post the reason for my absence, and it's all good :)