Friday 7 March 2008

In one hand out the other

The story of my life really. The starter motor was going on my car, bought the parts myself (saving £30) and local garage fitted along with a full service, £200 on the car. That's okay, however garage noticed I may have a cambelt problem, can't find anything in the service history to suggest it's ever been changed, this car is 7 years old, done 78,000 miles.

After a bit of research I realise I have to have this done otherwise it's the end of the road, literally. Quoted £250, coming to terms with it. It's a lot of money, that I can afford without going into the EF or putting it on a card. Just that car tax is due next month aswell.

Cahoot have received my first letter re PPI, this morning I receive an email from them telling me that the policy for my insurance on my loan ( I don't have the loan or policy anymore !) is available via the website etc etc. Is this a mass mailing and coincidence or a response to my letter ? I know they are tough nuts to crack on PPI and I'm sure this one will go to the FSA.

My printer hates me, it refuses to accept any colour cartridge I put in it. I don't have a good relationship with printers. This one is 18 months old.

Aside from these little blips I'm doing okay snowflaked £150 extra on to my debts last week and staying focussed, these little things won't push me under again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloomin' cars! Are you going to use the EF money to pay for the cam belt?, better than a cc I suppose. At least you snowflaked £150 last week. Stay focused you will get there :)

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Yay for snowflake :)

As long as things work out.. it'll all be fine.

But cars.. ugh.. bane of everyone's existence.. unless you don't own one lol