Friday 6 April 2007

Day Two Of NSJ



NSJ ? Non Smoker Jo !

Yesterday - woke with the desire not to smoke. Strange dream about shopping in Somerfields, but a decent nights sleep.

As I write this I have been a non/ex- smoker for 1 day and nearly 9 hours.

Drunk bucketloads of tea, nicodemon was screaming at me several times particularly early morning and after dinner. During the day it's fine, but the extremes of the day are his most active. However the light headedness comes in waves, lasting two to three minutes, five or six times a day. Some say it's blood sugar because cigarettes contain sugar, others say it's your body reverting to normal oxygen levels. Ironically to me it feels like the dizziness you get when you first have a cigarette.

Anyway, when nicodemon starts screaming I have a choice, either enter the battle where he will win, or just ignore him. The latter is so easy when you have the right frame of mind. There's no point in in stopping smoking, being miserable and waiting to fail, because you will.

Enough of my preaching, I am starting to graze food, the wrong food. It's Easter, so there is chocolate everywhere. Have to stop before it becomes a weight problem. Am drinking more water, but probably too much tea.

Woke this morning with a pleased feeling that I don't have to smoke, relieved is the word. Didn't sleep too well though, and do have a slight cough, this is all expected though.

Another beautiful day, blue sky. Feeling very good.

No comments: