Friday 9 November 2007

Here We Go

I'm upping my game !
Increased EF fund target to £1,000.
Awaiting one last credit card statement to pay and I'm all done with bill payments this month.

I can feel the silly season approaching. Thankfully Halloween and Bonfire night are gone. Sorry but neither of these events appeal to me. My youngest loves Halloween and I dutifully kit him out in whatever theme he is intent on, take him trick or treating with friends etc, but I really don't get it..

Guy Fawkes night, I am amazed this hasn't become the target of the politically correct police. I don't begrudge anyone any bonfire night fun, the more organised displays the better. Yes they are pretty, but that's about it.

So the madness that is Christmas is nearly upon us. The adverts have started, the slow appearance of BOGOF deals for crackers and chocolate covered brazils are in the supermarkets seasonal aisles. But there is no turkey on my list. No offence to any turkeys reading this but I don't like the taste, or the palava, the endless '10 tips to tip top turkey' in the media. Nope it will be a nice easy chicken for us, cos everyones likes it, particularly the budget.

This post is turning into a Room 101 post. You all know I have no affection for Halloween, Fireworks or turkey. So far I've sounded like a fun sapping scrooge during this mad season. I'm not - honest !

I've got a Crazy Eight meme to complete, thanks to the wonderful wealthy_1 over at collecting my cash here we go :

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. My Family
2. Movies
3. Robbie Williams
4. Daniel Craig
5. Cheese
6. Chocolate
7. Football
8. Roast Potatoes

8 Things I Say Often:

1. What has the dog got ?
2. I'm going to do the ironing.
3. Wherever you left it/them. (in response to a question regarding keys/shoes etc.)
4. Thanks
5. Have you got your keys ?
6. That doesn't make it right.
7. OK
8. No !

8 Books I've Read Recently

1. Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
2. This Is Your Life - John O'Farrell
3. Deception Point - Dan Brown
4. Cradle and All - James Patterson
5. Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
6. 4th of July - James Patterson
7. Steal You Away - Niccolo Ammaniti
8. Quit Smoking Today Without Gaining Weight - Paul McKenna

8 Things I want to do before I die:

1. Get out of debt
2. Stop smoking !
3. Hold a conversation in Italian
4. Visit Hong Kong
5. Visit America
6. Make a cheesecake - successfully !
7. See England won the World Cup
8. Do something wonderful for someone.

8 Songs I can Listen to Over and Over:

1. Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You
2. Karyn White - Superwoman
3. The Jackson 5 - Can You Feel It
4. Robbie Williams - Heaven From Here
5. Barry White - Trouble With Me
6. Frank Sinatra - Come Fly with Me
7. Carly Simon - Coming Around Again
8. Il Divo -Anything !

8 Things That Attract me to My Friends

1. Sense Of Humour
2. Honesty
3. Affability
4. Loyalty
5. Genuine
6. Silly factor
7. Trust
8. Immaterialistic - is that a word ?

8 Things I Learned This Past Year:

1. I avoid things when I should just take the bull by the horns and get on with it
2. My perspective of me is very different to other peoples
3. I've wasted a lot of money
4. I love blogging
5. I love reading
6. I'm selfish
7. Expect the unexpected
8. Love yourself.

Tags to follow...

4 comments:

wealthy_1 said...

I always feel like a scrooge this time of year. It's just so hyped up between Halloween and Christmas. I'm really going to try to be more upbeat this year...we'll see.

Good luck quitting smoking!

Anonymous said...

it's interesting reading these lists, (I'm working on mine). we're just having chicken too, the turkey is nice, but a pain to cook and pretty expensive really.

Anonymous said...

ise

Louise said...

sorry about that last comment, don't know what happened?
I actually said how are you? and hope you are back to posting soon :)