Thursday 7 February 2008

Can't Keep It To Myself Anymore

Right, perhaps if I blog about it it just may happen, way back in October I blogged about reclaiming my PPI from a well known UK Bank - see this post . First letter they said no, I challenged their decision as I know I wasn't given the option to take this without the PPI product included. In January they sent a letter not admitting they were at fault but had decided to to refund my premiums and interest.

This is pure estimation but that works out at approx £2,200. I have to estimate it as they didn't quote any figures or advice how or when they were going to pay. Included in the the letter was a form to sign that no further action would be taken regarding this claim and return within 10 days, I duly returned it by recorded delivery. However I didn't include a covering letter (to be honest I've run out of ink !) Now a little research on a few consumer forums and I should have added a letter advising I would appreciate the funds being repaid to such and such account within a stipulated time frame.

If they don't reply by todays post I think I will phone and follow up with letter (have to be hand written ugh!) I'm taking control of this situation now, because it's my money.

Secondly now I've paid Cahoot off I shall start the same process with them. (And buy some ink in the process!) If you don't ask you don't get.

There I've told you now..if you build it they will come :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on paying cahoots off! Isn't paperwork frustrating!! It would be obvious to blind freddy that if they are going to repay someone they need to actually send them the money, cover letter of not!

I remember once having charges applied to my credit card that were basically a scam, when I rang to get it cancelled they refused! So every month this guy billed my creidt card evn though I'd notified the bank! I had to pay out the card and cancel it to stop it. It took me 2 years to get the money back from the bank with interest, the more they told me they couldn't help me the angrier and more determined I got.
you go for it! (excuse my rant)

Syd said...

Thanks Louise, rant welcome, makes me more determind.

When I first took the loan they ensured the funds were in my account within 48 hours, I guess they like the interest to accumulate quickly, all a bit different when the boot is on the other foot !