Sunday 10 February 2008

Head In A Book

Several bloggers pf and otherwise have sung the praises of library facilities. I love the escapism of a good book or film. In fact many a purchase of a bestseller has added to the cost of my financial situation. Somewhere I have a mint copy of The Devil Wears Prada, unread, saw the film, just didn't bother with the book. Now I'd be lucky to sell that for pennies on Amazon. The same with the Da Vinci Code, every car boot I go to there are loads of Dan Brown bibles for 10p. Why I didn't just go to the library I don't know.

There is something highly enjoyable about browsing for books, more enjoyable at the library because it's free, I've shaken off the Waterstones habit of buy two get one free, even if I did sell them afterwards I rarely got my money back.

But recently I've started to enjoy motivational and positive thinking literature, and unfortunately my library isn't overloaded with this sort of material, so I did visit Waterstones to buy Change Your Life in Seven Days by Paul McKenna. This wasn't a good choice for me. It really is a visualisation technique and I'm just not good at that, always something going on around here to distract.

I think my non fiction will be The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, that's if I can get my head out of a James Patterson.

No comments: