Saturday 9 February 2008

Snowflakes Melting

For the last 24 Hours the results of the Whatsthecost calculator has been burning in the forefront of my mind. £65,658.08 interest if I live another 110 years of course. How ridiculous is that ? Further playing around with it, if I only paid an extra £1 off a month it would reduce it to 82 years. Again ridiculous but brings to mind the well documented practice of snowflaking.

One of my aptly favourite quotes is a Chinese proverb - 'The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.' So reading No More Spending's progress snowflaking and digging deeper to the Paid Twice blog - Five Golden Rules for Snowflaking I realise I've broken an important rule. Whenever I get an extra income payment - be it cashback or an ebay sale - it seems to get swallowed up by day to day stuff, whereas I should be snowflaking it straight on to the Marbles balance.

It's another step to losing my marbles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link jo:)
snowflaking really does work , it's like you never had the money in the first place.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I try to do that too.... and it seems to work fairly well

Anonymous said...

That's what I want to start doing too, I just got a little pile set up to day to put on ebay :) If that stuff sells then it's right to my debt.