Friday 25 April 2008

The Secret

All is well, very well in fact. Last Thursday as reported in my last post I was dreaming,I didn't realise it but I was positive dreaming, visualizing my family on a warm sandy beach.

On Friday last week I bought The Secret by Rhonda Byrne started reading it this week, on Saturday I received a letter from Abbey/Cahoot confirming I had been mis-sold my loan insurance and they were refunding me over £2000 !

Now I'm not about to book tickets for the four of us on a fully inclusive two week holiday in paradise, but I am starting to think this positive attitude is something to be taken more seriously. Yes I wrote and instigated the action on the PPI claims, but I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I stood a chance.

It's an interesting book, many have claimed it's mumbo jumbo and that the quotes by empowering figures such as Winston Churchill are taken out of context. It's not the easiest book to read, very repetitive, and the layout is unusual, but it has me thinking and feeling good things.

Reminds me of a poem:

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don’t.
If you like to win, but you think you can’t,
It is almost certain you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow’s will—
It’s all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You’ve got to think high to rise,
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can never ever win a prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man,
but soon or late the man who wins
Is THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!
I'm happy today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive thinking is one of the most powerful tools available to us. I find that it allows me to see opportunities and to focus on the advantages of situations. I learn from my mistakes rather than swell on them and since I started consciously positive thinking my life has improved dramatically in many ways - I fund the man of my dreams and married him, had successful fertility treatment and have twin boys and am running a successful business which is continously improving..

Anonymous said...

I like that poem. Very relevant.
take care, you...

Anonymous said...

....and good on you, Rachel :-)