Wednesday 2 April 2008

Slippery Slope

The snowball effect works both ways I guess. Only thing is it's easier to fall straight back into the mess from whence you came.
My absence is due to several factors, and it's not good news. The car, £300, I'd budgeted for that. Took it on the chin.

The one situation that I knew at the back of my mind was going to happen but wasn't prepared for was the death of my PC. At nearly 5 years old it was behaving erratically. Last week no power, nothing. I had no real hands on idea what to do. I don't know how to fix it.

Do I need one ? Yes, it's a means to an end, I don't have to justify it because it will justifiy itself. So I bought a new one. I'm not over the moon about it because I'm sadly the owner of an overdraft again, after all my parading about not venturing that side of the zero balance, and I did it. I can't shake my marbles off without this form of communication. This has really put the cat amongst the pigeons, only minimum payments this month on all cards, put my extra income plans back a week. The silliest thing is I didn't back up important documents from the old PC because it's never going to happen to me right ?

Cross with myself, but taking it as another learning curve.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the PF blog front. Hoping you've all had a better two weeks than me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nusience when we get these 'emergency' expenses that we did not account for. I guess it just shows us how important it is to keep an emergency savings fund.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Catching up on blog reading - surprisingly difficult sometimes :)

Anonymous said...

how annoying! computers have become and essential item for a lot of us really,
I have been a bit awol from the pf world lately too, glad to see you back posting and hope the month improves