Monday 24 September 2007

Musings for Monday

Got my self a pretty little percentage progress bar, a new header and some sweet little widgets, had fun playing with blog in spare moments this weekend.

Been dropping by a few PF Blogs too and it strikes me that those on the journey to be debt free will come out with more than a healthy financial attitude, to go through the highs and lows of it surely makes you a much better person. Taking control and boosting your self esteem, proving something to yourself.

Cashed in my mutualpoints 3000 points £20 cheque on it's way.

I've just made the phonecall to the CC company, advising I'd be late with this months payment. To be honest there was no concern on their part, I asked them to make a note on the account that I had phoned to advise I would be 4 days late, to which the response was that's okay you will be charged a £12 late fee. End of conversation. I'm not happy with the outcome as I'm not sure they recorded the content of my call, however by the same token I didn't want them to start putting pressure on me to pay by due date.

At the moment I just want it to level out so I am on top of payments and can start snowballing properly.

Ah well off to start another working week....

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Jo! ...thanks for stopping by my blog!

Help me out here...where can I get a little tracker thing???

Ian Denny said...

Jo,

Just found your blog and it's a great read!

Completely empathise with nearly everything. Particularly:

1. I have failed to even start my journey of giving up smoking

2. Personal finance is a complete mess.

3. Business finance was even worse - went bust in May owing over £200K - narrowly avoided going bankrupt

4. Completely understand the big plans but trouble finding the starting point and will to see one of them through - i.e. I know what to do - get organised with money, giv eup smoking, cut down on the booze, start exercising, eat more healthily etc. But never seem to properly start anything!

Thanks for the feeling that I'm not alone.

Syd said...

Thanks Ian, still struggling with the smoking, even though I reverted to Rollies ! Seems to be loads to accomplish, in a way it's exciting and looking at it as a challenge gives a positive slant.