Saturday 29 September 2007

Reflection and Regret

Balance transfers aka card tarting, stoozing. I've done it once, that's what gave birth to my Marbles card. I really don't think I understood what a silly girl I was. If I'd have been financially astute I'd have BT'd my way out of this debt years ago.

Instead I have a history of consolidation and re-spending. I haven't applied for any credit for over a year, last time I spent on my credit cards was Christmas.

All part of my financial retraining. There was a time I've paid for groceries on credit cards and even taken cash out on the horrendous things. Head in the sand.

Time is coming to detail this debt in excel and get myself some more progress bars come clean on my blog. Like so many others I find this therapeutic. I'm pants at budgeting and seeing it in B & W will help. No More Spending has some amazing self control and discipline, now if you could bottle that and sell it...

Anyway no point in wallowing in self pity, can't press the back button in this case (another thing I'd like to sell... ) 9 days til payday,£34.62, one late credit card payment due, a bathroom that looks like an unidentified lifeform has been raving in there for two days and a mountain of ironing.

On the plus side it's Saturday, don't have to be anywhere at anytime today, The Pursuit Of Happyness [2006]- courtesy of LoveFilm- to watch on DVD whilst ironing, kids are happy, hubby be home soon which all makes for a spend free day :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention jo and the compliment:)

It took over 20 years of overspending for me to get here and then another 2 years refining it! Like you I've consolidated, cash advanced and spent money on stupid things. I've been to New York over 20 times!! Absolute madness. It looks to me like you're on your way also, keep it up and you'll get there:)

Jen said...

"I haven't applied for any credit for over a year, last time I spent on my credit cards was Christmas."

You've already made amazing progress!!!

I haven't done the credit card shuffle much either, but am thinking of doing it now. My AMEX has a horrendous rate and I need to get it down.

Hope you enjoy your Satutday!!

Ian Denny said...

I need to do that! I've been fighting the bankruptcy and getting some earnings in.

Must admit I've been using the cards (not the Marbles - that's maxed out) to survive - food and stuff which you shouldn't do.

The income has been inconsistent, but looks like within the next month, we should get some consistency.

Think I'll start the battle then.

Doh! Then it will be Xmas!

Bendz said...

Minimizing the usage of credit card is a good progress for debt free life. Nice to know about you. It's my first visit and I need some time to explore your previous posts :)

Louise said...

we consolidated twice, both times due to a job loss so If we hadn't I think we would have lost our home. I wish we hadn't, but then again the alternative was not good either.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I'll buy that Back button.. I'll take 2!!!!!!!!

I buy groceries on my CC's all the time. Only now, I just pay them off immediately.

I also started my blog to come clean on my debt and chronicle how long it's going to take me to clear $56k in debt...

Syd said...

FAB
think I'd have to sell the back button in packs of two, just in case of page not responding errors !