Saturday 22 September 2007

Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourself Down...

phoning CC card co Monday to advise of late partial payment, this is isn't the first time and I'm not sure they will too lenient with me, probably pass me to their collections department. Paying half required minimum payment, so I can fill car up with £20, and have £50 to last the next two weeks.

On the plus side, I had just over £7 cash in my purse, after paying parking and buying fresh supplies from the butcher for the weekend that left me with a £1, my workplace is linked to a charity shop, I was browsing and chatting to sales staff, they caught my eye - a pair of jeans brand new with tag my size - £1 ! Cannot resist and can justify ! No new clothes for months and then they were from the Next catalogue last Christmas, which I'm still paying off at 26.9 %.

My first standing order of £10 goes into my emergency fund on Monday, given things are so tight it's probably the wrong thing to do, but I need to get some momentum going to pick myself up - a psycological boost ? Saving instead of spending ..mmm now there's a turnaround.

I do have a partner in all this, he knows I have debts but not exact details. This man is wonderful. He pays all the essential bills - like council tax, electric, gas , phone bill etc. I buy groceries, clothes, pay for the running of the car. We are in the lucky position of having paid our mortgage off when we moved three years ago. Maybe I don't count my blessings enough ?

Feeling a little more up today, loads of things to list on ebay, but a bit more inspiration needed from my fellow PF'ers. I like the little progress bars they all have so I'm off to find one :)

5 comments:

Louise said...

It will get easier, honestly and I think starting an emergency fund is a good idea.
I remember when I had my first month of no late fees, no 'borrowing from Peter to pay Paul' type of thing, it felt great!

Syd said...

Thanks Louise, I do need to get out of the late payment circle, little more disipline and budgeting, I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Love the header and the avatar!
Good luck with the cc company today. Let us know how you got on.

Syd said...

Thanks NMS, been playing all weekend !

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Wow!! No mortgage = awesome.

I think we're all blessed.. but it's human nature to want more :)