Thursday 27 September 2007

The Things Money Can't Buy

During the morning routine I caught the headlines on GMTV this morning. A 30 second clip of David Beckham arriving at an airport to fly home to the UK because his Dad is seriously ill in hospital. I get cross at stuff like this. The news reporter commented on the Beckham' was wearing sunglasses' along with the suggestion he'd been crying as the camera followed him on the airport concourse. What on earth to these reporters want from this man ? Leave him alone, this is private it has absolutely nothing to do with you or me.

The fact Beckham can kick a football with precision from the halfway line to the the back of the net doesn't mean you own him. Sometimes I wonder how those in the spotlight (I'm not keen to use the word celebrity) actually keep it together. The constant invasion of privacy, I realise that's the price they pay for doing what they do, but what a way to live.

Off my soapbox.

6 comments:

Ian Denny said...

Hope you don't mind, but I love your blog and have added it to my blog links.

Thanks

Syd said...

Ian, of course I don't mind ! I'm still working - and enjoying - my way through yours !

Louise said...

I agree, it must be awful to have to be under the media spotlight all the time, and even worse in those kind of situations.

The media are like vultures really, but I suppose there must be a market for it sadly.

By the way your header with those marbles is great did you do it yourself?

Syd said...

Hi Louise
Yep it is sad the masses want pictures of those in trouble. Still I'd better not start one on that theme....

Thanks for the compliment re my header, I did do it myself.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I've added you too :)

I do agree btw.. about the whole privacy thing. I think I'd love to NOT be famous or known, because I'd be bothered 24/7 and caught especially in my most private moments.

That's just really rude to be taking pictures of someone when they're in so much pain. Have a little sensitivity for god's sake

Syd said...

I think the media are so insensitive, however people will pay to see their 'idols' in distressing situations. I guess it's the old supply and demand thing.

I read that the lovely Robbie Williams wore the same jacket everytime he left his home so the paparazzi always got the same picture.