Tuesday 18 September 2007

Postives and Negatives

Our youngest has declared he wishes to cycle to school every morning, we're happy with that. Trust and independence for him, saves on petrol, wear and tear on the car. However it has cost £30 for a new lock and helmet, but those things can prove to be priceless.

Got accepted for an Esavings account with Natwest, I now have an emergency fund of ..wait for it....£1 ! It's a positive step.

Found an old savings account passbook I hadn't touched for 7 years, went in to local branch, updated account I had earned a whole 8p interest, minus 2p 20% gross tax, well that's 6p more than I had last week . Think I'll close the account and put the princely sum of £11.51 into my emergency fund.

Like reformed spendaholic, I have been suffering from procrastination on the mundane things in life. House is in need of TLC, the evergrowing pile of unmatched socks seems to be having some sort of baby boom. I have still to list a pile of unwanted items on ebay, karate suits, nearly new football boots.

I have been grocery shopping, but wrong frame of mind shopping. Lack of a menu plan is the cause. I have approx £92 for the next three weeks of food, can do it, after all compared to last month it feels like a fortune. So this week I have to sit down and work it out.

£87 sitting in topcashback.co.uk account, hopefully to be credited next month which will pay the most of the car tax.

Things are heading in the right way, slowly, but surely.

No comments: