Friday 28 September 2007

Nasty Piece of Plastic

In the mail yesterday I was the recipient of my replacement credit card, shimmering gold rectangle with the MasterCard logo, expires sometime next decade, plastered across the front on a white sticker 'You need your pin number to use this card.'

Well that's a relief then as I have absolutely no idea what my pin number is. I know what the interest rate is on the nasty thing, I loathe this card, I've had the account for 21 years !

When I first applied I was 18 with a freshly aquired mortgage. For opening the account I got a tacky blue holdall and a bucket load of airmiles. Paid it off many times consolidating and obviously reloading it. The holdall, airmiles and consolidating loans are long gone. But this nasty pice of plastic has endlessly refreshed itself, well this time it's off to the shredder, I may have a little shredding party.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good!! Shred it. I've cut all mine up except for the visa I use for work expenses.

Syd said...

Thanks Louise, a little bit of closure on this debt would do me good it's far from paid off but just not having it is a good thing.

Ian Denny said...

The temptation is always there isn't it? I love the feeling of power when you scissor through a brand new card that you thought you'd gotten rid of.

The only way to stop them is pay them off. I have a long way to go, but I can't wait to zero them out, then ring up and cancel the lot.

Jen said...

You are awesome!!! Shred it! It will feel sooo good.

I would keep a little corner of it in my wallet as a reminder of the course it took you on.

Louise said...

Cut it up, it's very satisfying and then there is no temptation.