Thursday 27 December 2007

All this turkey talk.

That was nice, two days of doing nothing, all four of us ate rubbish, watch TV, play games and generally laze about. Good for the soul. Although I can feel the extra poundage (weight wise not cash wise !) settling in around the hips.

As predicted the turkey is a definete no next year, I mean that. Somebody direct me to this post in the third week of December 2008. It's not that it was hard work, I honestly don't think it was appreciated by those that insisted we had it. Kids were too over the moon with their gifts (We got it soo right this year :), Mr Marbles was slightly squiffy, and I just don't like it. I think the taste is almost gamey. The one thing I will say is that Jamie Oliver's suggestion of carving the breast off and then slicing was so much easier than attempting the thin slices off the bone. So that's it no more talk of turkey's.

Talking of all things culinary, I was the recipient of Nigella Express on Christmas Day. Great book great recipes. Loads of shortcuts to cooking on the go. Yes there are the ones I'm never going to touch, but the simple suppers are hugely appealing. Cans of cannelini beans, shop bought salads are amonst the admissions. But the thing I like best is how she relates to the 'after work/homework/picking up up droppin off - Oh hell got to to cook dinner' state of mind. You know when chopping an onion is the last thing you want to do - that's why she's already done it and it's in the freezer. She writes interesting intros to her chapters aswell. Highly recommended. (apart from the turkey recipes).

So 2008 approaches. No I haven't stopped smoking and I haven't updated my Exhaler blog for months. So here goes, short list of what I would like to acheive in the next 12 months;
1. Stop Smoking - essential.
2. Pay off my Marbles card - need to make at least £150 extra a month to do this.
3. Lose weight - a stone will do.
4. Learn a new language - preferably Italian
5. Restart jewellery making - which will enhance my income.
6. Organisation - Flylady style, little and often.
7. Be more positive - and active - no more procrastination.
8. Go vegetarian for at least a week.
9. No more turkey.

That's No.9 acheived then, only 8 to go :)

Love to know yours.

Have a good day my fellow PFers. Here's to a successful 2008 for us all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok will try and remember to remind you NOT to cook turkey next year! Nigella always looks so calm and together in the kitchen and she does have some good ideas and recipes, my daughter is into Nigella and Jamie Oliver, they both make it look so easy!
good luck with your goals for 2008!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I like #4 and #5... Am going to learn French this year and I do love making jewellery so.. ;)

Syd said...

Louise
Nigella really is wonderful. Men love her I guess because she's all woman, there's nothing intimidating about her to women either.

Fab,
My renewed jewellery making enthusiasm has come from many of your posts of some lovely pieces. Bead shopping is so much fun, and not too expensive.

wealthy_1 said...

Good luck on your goals. I will keep good thought that you are successful.