Thursday 13 December 2007

Confession Time

An admission:

  • I spent £25 on my new interest free credit card for one Christmas present for the kids, did get 12 % cashback though via Quidco.
  • I've emptied my EF fund for Christmas.

All of this is just for Christmas, I have over £190 due from cashback sites between now and the end of January so my plan is to put the EF funds back with and extra £20. The good news is I made £160 on ebay the first two weeks of December which bought wanted presents for the kids and hubby. Wanted being the operative word. As much as they have dreams of an X-Box it's not going to happen. They have one big pressie each, couple of add-ons. Grandparents and uncles are giving them cash.

The other bonus is because I shopped for Christmas on ebay again using Topcashback or Quidco I got 35% cashback on each purchase, not quite sure how the 35% is calculated but I've earnt £12 doing it.

I've just cashed in 2000 Piggy points at Pigsback for a CD Wow voucher worth £20, may use it in the sales or one extra family present in the form of a DVD Boxset I know they all want, but time is short.

I haven't started wrapping presents yet, I'm quite tempted to use newspaper, just for the green issues and the expense. I love wrapping though, sad thing that I am.

I'm feeling quite good because six months ago my credit cards were maxed, and although I've stumbled a few times - been late with payments etc -I've somehow steered things the right way and managed to 'do' Christmas. Admittedly all cc payments etc are minimum this month, but everything will be on time and up to date.

I've been is this job for 5 months without any holiday taken yet. I am so looking forward to a whole week off, just us four. Nowhere to be, no running around, picking up, dropping off, finding school bags/shoes, football kits, shin pads etc etc. Selfish I know, but just for one week. Then come January it will be all hands to the pump, renewed enthusiasm.

No comments: