Saturday 27 October 2007

Frittering

This week I've made a silly mistake and an assumption that knocked my budget sideways.

My current account has a glamourous name like 'Gold' account from a well known High Street bank. I've been with them 23 years and have a good relationship with them - out of which they have obviously profitted. One nice little earner they have from me is this Gold account, if I use the OD facility I get charged £12. Well this month I'm in it up to the hilt, the charges plus interest are due out this week, £20 out the window. My silly mistake was forgetting this.

My assumption - some of my cashback would be in my account this month. Nope, not due until next month. £50 short.

I really have to get on the ball with where my pennies are going.

Update on reclaiming PPI. Neither bank that I requested the documents from have sent them this week. So the letters are going off anyway. Considering the MSE site is down this morning (due to a whole program on reclaiming PPI was on prime time TV last night) I think the sooner the better.

A bit of blog browsing turned up this post this morning, Paying Down Debt By The Penny by PaidTwice . I love the quote about frittering.

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Tell me about it.

I was just recently charged $10 for having an inactive credit card.

It's a good thing I called and complained because they refunded the $10 that I would've otherwise written off :P