Friday 5 October 2007

Things I Didn't Know

I have loads of mundane things to do this morning before I rush off to work, but I just found myself on The Daily Telegraph Money page reading 50 myths about money. Most of it common sense to any PF blogger or DFW.

I was aware defaults stay on your credit report for 6 years, I didn't know late payments stay on for 3 years. Being of the late payment brigade this month that's my card marked. It's not that I want anymore credit, it's that I want to balance transfer at some point to something preferably out of the the 20 percent area. Don't stand a chance of getting rates lowered at present.

Then there's the pension dilemma, I have some miniscule amount stashed away from employment in my 20's, and that's it. I guess it goes back to Ms.Jo's comment on my 'Attitude Change' post. Quote "I can understand the concept of saving for the future...but there is something to be said for today too...I mean...if I die tomorrow what good did all my sacrifices do??"

I know it's not advisable to look back, and yes I have learnt from my mistakes, but this road to become a money magnet certainly gives you food for thought.


CreditExpert - Check Your Credit Report for Free

2 comments:

Ian Denny said...

The credit rating issue it a biggy.

In many respects, when you're financially knackered, it shouldn't really matter.

Mainly because subconsciously, you may be interested in the rating to be able to get credit again.

And unleash once more the monster which got you into this mess.

I know that's how I feel!

But you're right, if you can maintain the discipline and work the system, keeping a better credit rating will enable you to switch/transfer and lower that killer interest which keeps us all enslaved long afer we saw the light.

I was late on two or the 5 cards this month.

I'll be strung up before too long! No chance of balance transfer into a lower rate then!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.