Saturday 6 October 2007

Visualisation

When I think about this pile of debt I have, I see it as a huge mountain and me carrying away little bits of it at a time. Knowing it's going to crumble at some point in the future.(Tried googling images for a little cartoon, can't find one anywhere.)

Having still to beat this smoking business I dipped in to Allen Carr again yesterday. He says you should see the fight as already won, no mountain to climb. Once you've stopped you are at the top. Just stay there. I hate being a slave to nicotine. I'm trying again - today. I think the key is to relax through the craving, it's not going to last. I think I should relax more anyway. I don't always have to be doing something.

Something I did do yesterday was clear our junk cupboard, you know wghere it all goes 'cos it hasn't got a home. Amongst the various wires, scarts, odd gloves and freebie CD's the papers give away, I found an old Michael Jackson CD single. Man In The Mirror, 1987. Looked on ebay and other CD collector sites, seems people are asking £35 for this CD ! Note I said asking, can't see anyone buying. So do I keep or sell ? If I sell, I'm not sure where.

Whilst fighting through another pile of ironing yesterday I watched and immensely enjoyed Educating Rita [1984]. A real feel good, motivational movie. Films like that always get me thinking, reflecting and motivated.

Finally, on Friday afternoon I got a few surveys through from Lightspeed (not an affliate link). I think this was a direct result of my Cashcrate sign up. However Lightspeed surveys were very interesting compared to many I've done. Plus they convert points to cash and pay by Paypal. Recommended.

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Have you tried not only relaxing but just keeping busy so you don't think of smoking?

I heard lollipops worked for my friend.... But she ate SO MANY of them it wasn't funny...

As for the CD, wait to see if it sells on Ebay. if it does, offload it.. if not, hold a garage sale or post it on craigslist.org

Jen said...

I'd sell the CD for just under what everyone else is asking for it...for obvious reasons..

On quitting smoking...you can do it!!! Do you ever use some kind of nicotine supplememt? I love the patches because they seem to give me a nice even feed throughout the day which severely limits the highs and lows...feel free to email me if you'd like to vent about it...I feel your pain!

Ian Denny said...

I've found that rolling up nicotine patches, inserting tobacco and lighting/smoking it, makes you feel really ill.

Which is why I need to get to the same place you have been advised to arrive at.

Having conquered it.

I have been hopeless. Lately I've been using the lame excuse that potential bankruptcy gave me a licence to carry on (justification: beause I can't afford it afterwards).

Now that threat has reduced, I'm looking for antoher excuse to avoid giving up.

Aint I awful!

Syd said...

Thanks for advice - I think Michael is going on ebay tonight :)

Re the nicotine addiction failed over the weekend, today is another day. And yes Ian I justify every puff too, sigh.

Anonymous said...

oh god now I feel really old! I loved Educating Rita AND Michael! I went to the disco every Friday night....ah the memories! I probably have copies myself here somewhere...

Syd said...

Now for the sake of nostalgia I have found my Michael Jackson 'Bad' CD (I do have Thriller too but it's on vinyl and don't have the required equipment anymore !)and am going to play it whilst doing some menial housework tasks this afternoon. Hopefully it will work like some amazing time machine and I'll be 18 again, no debt, no stress.......No such luck.