Wednesday 3 October 2007

Attitude Change

Tell me fellow PF bloggers, I hear so much about Dave Ramsey, is it worth me ordering from the library ? Or is much of his advice geared towards the American financial system ? i.e 401k IRS etc. I'm assuming he is the equivalent of our Martin Lewis.

My positive thinking and general change in attitude yesterday resulted in spreading a little happiness, at no expense, made two clients at work 'belly laugh' . Bearing in mind the people I work with are of the older generation and have to deal with ill health and dependency on many people for the little things in life some of us take for granted. Coupled with that upon arriving for work, one of the managers expressed a pleasure in seeing me because I was always 'bright and cheerful the mornings'.

That's more like it.

A bit more delving into the car insurance world, and I am happy to report one company can beat my cheapest quote of £189.95 by £10 and if I get it right online I also receive £95 cashback.

Pile of stuff ready for the ebay cheap listing day tomorrow, no procrastination allowed, I find listing on ebay tiresome, probably because I used to it as my 'job', but it has to be done.

Have a good day all

7 comments:

Debt Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have read Dave Ramsey - but to be honest, I find PF blogs more helpful to me. Not that I have really gotten anywhere!

Jen said...

I found Dave Ramsey to be very extreme...I can understand the concept of saving for the future...but there is something to be said for today too...I mean...if I die tomorrow what good did all my sacrifices do??

Ian Denny said...

Can't help there! But think I agree that PF blogs are pretty good for getting more ideas that appeal.

Think Miss Jo is right too. You still have to live for today.

Anonymous said...

Hi jo
I started off by using the MSE forums and putting my figures into the whatsthecost.com snowballer. This kept me motivated for a couple of years. I then foung pf blogs and started blogging. It's renewed my determination.
I should save your money and use all the tips on pf blogs and MSE.

There are lots of ways to pay the debt off but they all need motivation and the will to do it and you seem to have that now:)

Syd said...

I think you've all saved me from a trip to the library. I will stick with current PF Blog addiction.

Louise said...

I haven't read Dave Ramsey but he seems to be pretty obsessive and extreme in his views.

Probably the basics are going to be the same, spend less than we earn, pay extra off our debts and stop living beyond our means.

I agree with Ms Jo and Ian about still enjoying life and not becoming so frugal that we are miserable.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Hey :)

All you need to know about Dave Ramsey is the debt snowball process.

Other than that, the other PF blogs like No Credit Needed, Wise Bread, or Clever Dude are way more helpful.