Friday 5 October 2007

Don't Ask - Don't Get !

I spent yesterday tieing up loose ends, found the process gave me a great sense of acheivement. It wasn't my plan to do so but postie brought some paperwork that required it.

In the post a £20 cheque from Mutual Points, £4.40 overpayment from National Insurance contributions. A letter from National Savings and Investments stating that they had found my old account and it had a balance of £1.00 ! Checking online I discovered I had £2.86 on the way from Quidco, £5.54 in Paypal, completed my self assessment Tax form and I've overpaid tax by £12.54, that all adds up to £50.00 :)

So an ebay listing frenzy ensued which stopped when I had a sudden brainwave that somewhere in this house is a box full of old mobile phones that need to be gone, can I find them ? I found the original boxes they arrived in when given as gifts on various Christmases and birthdays, complete with an array of fascias, chargers and instruction booklets, but the phones ?

Then on to car expenses. The AA wanted to charge me £108 for recovery and breakdown cover for the next year. I did a little research RAC, Greenflag etc. Got it down to £93, phoned the AA. A short discussion changed the policy to cover the car only. Bearing in mind I'm too scared to drive anyone else's car ! Got it down to £67 :))))

Insurance, whatever comparison site or insurers 'get a quote' link I use, and trawl through the same questions again and again, within minutes of me hitting submit the phone rings. Some broker somewhere asking what's my lowest quote etc etc.It's so tedious this car insurance thing. Add the jargon eg, voluntary excess, NCD Protection, legal protection . My head was swimming. The higher excess you pay the lower the quote, no legal protection brings it lower, but both of those those things are priceless if you have an accident. I'm still not 100% sure who to go with.

Right on with the day, after all it is POETS day again :)

3 comments:

Louise said...

Sounds like a really productive day. I love poets day, (left after 4 hours yesterday!)
I hate those sites where the only way i can get info is to put a phone number, I put one digit wrong if I don't want them to call.

Syd said...

Thanks Loise, it was a good day, feel energized !

Lapa said...

TOP PORTUGUESE UNIVERSAL WRITER: CRISTOVAO DE AGUIAR

(PASSANGER IN TRANSIT)

BOOKS:

“PASAGEIRO EM TRÂNSITO” ; “RAIZ COMOVIDA”; “RELAÇÃO DE
BORDO”; “MARILHA”; “A TABUADA DO TEMPO”; BRAÇO TATUADO”; “MIGUEL TORGA O LAVRADOR DAS LETRAS”

He has, also, translated into Portuguese the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.

He has been awarded several prizes.

Don't forget the name of this great author, you'll be hearing of him soon.

In the name of Universal Culture.

Thanks for visiting.